Here are some documents and information used by Free Film Festivals. These are mainly here so that all festivals can access them quickly and easily, but anyone is welcome to browse them.
Free Film Festivals constitution (4.7.14) – explains the aims of Free Film Festivals, why it exists, and what constitures a Free Film Festival. See also the Peckham & Nunhead Free Film Fetival constitution (27.4.10) – an example of a constitution of one of the constituent festivals. Each festival has a constitution similar to this.
Download the policy schedule document covering Free Film Festivals Public Liability and Equipment Insurance 2022 07-2023 07. This includes Public Liability cover to £10M for events for up to 5000 people, here is a brief letter: To whom it may concern Public Liability Cover to 10M.
Equal Opportunities statement – Free Film Festivals recognises that the society in which we work is socially diverse. Free Film Festivals management group aims to reflect the diversity of the needs of the individuals and communities we work with in its management and practices as far as reasonably practicable. We believe that no individual or group should suffer disadvantage or harassment on the basis of their gender, colour, nationality, national origin, political or religious beliefs, sexuality, age, marital status, parental or caring responsibilities, mental or physical disability or health, class, geographical location, employment status, unrelated criminal offence or any other difference, real or perceived.
Policy documents from different festivals which could be used as templates.
- Safeguarding policy – Peckham & Nunhead
- Personal safety guide for SNATH FFF volunteers 2014 – South Norwood and Thornton Health
- Equalities policy 2014 – South Norwood and Thornton Health
- Health and safety policy 2014 – South Norwood and Thornton Health
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults plus safeguarding reporting procedures 2014 – South Norwood and Thornton Health
- Event checklist 2017 – a helpful list for event managers.
- Community cinema practicalities – some basic info about, for example, what licences you need in order to screen a film.
- Film licences FAQ for Free Film Festivals – a simple guide to how and where to get a licence from a film’s distributor to do a public screening.
- Volunteer roles – description of different volunteers/skills needed by Peckham & Nunhead Free Film Festival (produced 2017).
Fundraising bid documents – this link takes you to a folder containing pdfs of press releases written by festivals. (This folder not yet ready but will be added soon).
Sponsor pack for New Cross & Deptford Free Film Festival 2015
Leaflet archive folder – this link takes you to an online folder containing pdfs of leaflets produced by festivals.
Press release archive folder – this link takes you to a folder containing pdfs of press releases written by festivals.
Permission to use photo form – get people to sign this if you want permission to use your pictures in online or offline publicity. You can adapt the form if you like.
Download the user guide to the website content management system.
Equipment list/Electrical test certificates
Download a list of projectors, screens, PAs and other gear available to Free Film Festivals (2022).
A list of suppliers other festivals have found good to work with (printers, badges, toilets and more).