Lucky 13th! Peckham and Nunhead Free Film Festival is back with an exciting mix of free screening events in September 2022.
The 2022 Peckham and Nunhead Free Film Festival is back from 8 to 18 September offering a packed line up of screening events in a variety of indoor and outdoor venues across SE15.
A successful recruitment drive earlier this year expanded the hard-working team of volunteers, who’ve worked to pull together an exciting schedule for all ages and tastes.
Festival joint co-ordinator Ann Lazim: “At a time when a lot of people are struggling financially, film festivals like ours are more important than ever. They provide free entertainment that appeals to a wide variety of people. Not only do our screenings bring community groups together, they’re also great fun. That’s why our local volunteers love getting involved.”
Fellow co-ordinator Neal Browne: “We’re thrilled to be back for our 13th year and it’s great to have new people involved. We’re also very proud to have kept the Peckham & Nunhead Festival running continuously through the toughest pandemic years, even if that meant going mainly online in 2020. But nothing beats bringing everyone together in real life to share the film watching experience.”
This year’s highlights include:
- Pedal-powered outdoor screening of Francis Ford Coppola’s Bram Stoker’s Dracula in Nunhead Cemetery
- Pedal-powered outdoor screening of Bend It Like Beckham on Peckham Rye
- Special screening to launch Blasianing, about two Peckham residents, at the Prince of Peckham
- Premiere of Peckham film Change of Thought at PeckhamPlex cinema
- Screening of the multi-award-winning The Clean Bin Project at Veolia, Southwark Integrated Waste Management Facility
- Queer Film Night at The Old Nuns Head
- Family movies at Northfield House (Jumanji) and the Copleston Centre (A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon)
- Bill Douglas film trilogy at the Nunhead Salvation Army Hall
- Horror movie The Descent at Safehouse 1
Screenings will also take place at the Ivy House, the Waverley Arms, Peckham Palms, Rye Books, Mountview Academy, Glengall Wharf Garden, and Peckham Pelican.
In addition, we’re offering a free Introduction to Filmmaking workshop for 14-18 year olds at Mountview Academy. This is the only ticketed event – all others are on a first come first served basis – so please register for this in advance via our website.